Tuesday 26 February 2019

Beware of nice men!

It's All About You.


When aspiring writer Guinevere Beck strides into the bookstore where Joe works, he is instantly smitten.

But there's more to Joe than Beck realises and much more to Beck than her perfect facade. And the obsessive relationship quickly spirals into a whirlwind of deadly consequences...

Firstly I loved it, but I'm not sure I'll read it again. Secondly Joe is creepy as hell and makes my skin crawl. He is however such a good character, Caroline Kepnes did such a good job in creating the main character and managing to keep him from ever gaining your sympathy. I admit I kept waiting for a redeeming moment as is normally the case with a main character but I'm also glad that one never came because that would have taken away from the whole creepy feeling that was present throughout the book.
  The whole book is from his point of view and to hear his thoughts, his process and his reasoning of why he does what he does is fascinating, disturbing but fascinating. His justifications about why he acts the way he does and his inability to see that he's wrong most of the time is what makes this such a compelling read.The way he manages to hide who he is and perform with the people around him is what makes him especially disturbing. He comes across as charming, witty and extremely likeable to those he meets and that is a big part of how he gets away with things for so long. 
 I cant wait for the show!

This post includes an affilliate link from which I will earn a small comssion if you click and make a purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment